Bidding will begin on Wednesday November 12 at 9:00 a.m. EST and conclude on Sunday, November 16 at 5:00 p.m. EST at www.llgenetics.ca
The organization of the sale is done by Leading Livestock Genetics Breeders Alliance. The party who offers embryos in the sale will be named after this as the “seller” and the party who buys through this sale will be hereinafter identified as the “buyer”. LLG will only act as an intermediary in the realization from a purchase agreement between seller and buyer.
Domestic embryo shipping and coordination is the responsibility of the buyers (for those embryos staying in Canada). International buyers are responsible for shipping the embryos. Buyers will be contacted after the sale about their wishes and requirements for exporting the embryos.
Seller is responsible for proper transfer of ownership of embryos to the buyer through the appropriate breed association.
How Does the Sale of Work?
- All embryos are frozen available for immediate shipment unless otherwise noted.
- Embryo quality is to be grade A (or #1) quality in strict accordance with C.E.T.A. standards.
- All embryos are Export Eligible unless otherwise noted.All Embryos start with a reasonable starting bid. There are no reserve bids.
- All embryos start with a reasonable starting bid. There are no reserve bids.
- The bid price is the per embryo price. If a lot has four embryos and the price is $500, that means the lot price is $2000.
- When you place a bid, you agree to pay for the lot if you are the winning bidder.
- There are two ways to place a bid: internet (www.llgenetics.ca) or in person at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- All bids are made in CDN dollars.
- A Proxy bidding system is in place. When you place a bid, you enter the maximum amount you’re willing to pay per embryo. The other bidders and the sale organization will not be able to see your maximum bid. Through this proxy bidding system, the LLG auction system will increase your bid to the next lowest price when another user bids on the same item. The proxy bidding process continues until your maximum bid amount is reached or the auction ends. Every bidder is bound to his/her bid.
- All risks of the embryos are the responsibility of the buyer once the embryos leave the seller. Insurance is recommended.
- The transportation of embryos from the seller to the buyer will take place as soon as possible after the sale, but not before complete payment as invoiced from Leading Livestock Genetics is received from the successful buyer.
- All embryos sold to Canadian buyers will be subject to 13% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST). Embryos purchased outside of Canada will be tax exempt.
- Payment for all purchases is due within 10 days of sale to Leading Livestock Genetics by bank draft or wire transfer to Leading Livestock Genetics Breeders Alliance.
- Sale invoices will be sent via e-mail within 24 hours following the conclusion of the sale from Leading Livestock Genetics.
- International buyers are responsible for shipping the embryos. Buyers will be contacted after the sale about their wishes and requirements for exporting the embryos.
- The following terms and conditions apply to embryos sold for export:
- One-time $200 fee per lot will be charged at the time of invoicing to the buyer to assist in covering export documents, document preparation, and shipping to Canadian export agent. This fee does not include any additional charges from the Canadian export agent.
- Leading Livestock Genetics cannot be held responsible for errors on the internet site, sale catalogue or in the advertisements.
- Every bidder and seller is held to conform to the auction conditions. The act of bidding and consigning implicates knowledge and acceptance of these conditions.
- Leading Livestock Genetics can never be held responsible in case the embryos cannot be exported no matter what reason.
- All risks of the embryos are the responsibility of the buyer once the embryos are shipped by the seller. Buyer can arrange insurance through their shipping agency as required.
- Seller assumes all responsibility for the quality and condition of the embryos until such a time as the embryos are shipped.
Seller Commission – 10% non-members, 5% members. There are no buyer commissions.